I can’t promise that being featured in the San Diego Sun will precede you getting a seat on a federal advisory board. But it wouldn’t be the first time…
This week, San Diego Tourism Authority CEO Julie Coker was appointed to an advisory board that serves the United States Secretary of Commerce.
Coker resides in Little Italy. Recall that last year, she was the subject of a San Diego Sun “Living in the City” profile in our ongoing series about people who live in downtown San Diego.
We met Coker’s dog, Piper. And found out Coker starts most days with a smoothie from Choice Juicery. We also learned she won’t hesitate to join in a kickball game at Waterfront Park.
Congratulations on the post to the U.S. Travel & Tourism Advisory Board serving Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo!
The Sun has run more than two dozen Living in the City profiles. And we’re always on the lookout for more people to fill out the LITC questionnaire and provide unique perspective on downtown San Diego life.
Want to tell your urban truths? Reply to this post by email, or drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s discuss.
BTW: These profiles have featured people who live in Cortez Hill, Core-Columbia, East Village, the Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the Marina District. Living in the City is a diverse and eclectic mix of people engaged in all types of occupations and interests.
A racy standup comic. The all-knowing tour guide. Real estate agents. Entrepreneurs. The mysterious Queen of the Gaslamp Quarter. And more.
Below is a complete list of past headliners–to give you a taste of who’s telling us what Living in the City is all about:
- Let’s Hear it for The Cougar of Comedy
- Don’t Want to Miss a Thing…Like Aerosmith
- Walk This Way With Stefan Calvaruso
- Retirees View East Village as a Home Run
- Empty Nesters Discover the “Wright Stuff” in Little Italy
- She’s Sold On East Village
- San Diego is Home Field for NFL Chargers’ New General Counsel
- Julie Coker is Ms. Hospitality
- Design VIPs Kathleen Hallahan & Rob Quigley
- Katy Temple Is Anchored by Urban Humanity
- No Regrets In Downtown San Diego
- This Former Civil Servant’s Now a Downtown Shutterbug
- Lights, Camera, Action for Laura Fink
- Percolating Black Empowerment
- Meet the Mysterious “Queen of the Gaslamp”
- Little Italy Exudes the Walkable Urban Lifestyle
- Wedding KISS Amplified His Downtown San Diego Bliss
- Getting a New Lease on Life in a Brand-New Condo
- New Mom Sarah Piha Savors Life on Cortez Hill
- “Homelessness is the ONLY Horrible Thing”
- Shay Priyadarshi’s Marina Park Oasis
- Myrnra Marston in CityFront Terrace
- Kaushal Patel in East Village
- Danny Rolls in the Marina District
- Emily Mason in Metrome
Want to tell your downtown San Diego “Living in the City” story? Email email@example.com. SDSun